Friday, March 16, 2012

Hist 12: Friday, 16 March

Today we viewed two short videos from the British Pathe series (you can access them on YouTube): one was on the 1919 Sparticus Putsch and one was on the 1920 Kapp Putsch.  We noted the key role of the Freikorps in each.  It would seem that Ebert's Weimar government was under attack from all sides.  Next we discussed the 3 Putsches PPT (you can access it via the SlideShare link on this blog).  I was happy that you asked so many probing questions - we were able to bring out many interesting details.  At the end of class, I gave some time to complete w.b. Ex # 7 - 8.  I do not like to give homework over holidays, but I am going to ask that you arrive back to school with all of DeMarco Chapter Six read, with notes from the questions taken.

I've included a shot of the document from Time Magazine, 1923.

No comments:

Post a Comment