Friday, December 10, 2010

En 12: Extra Novel Study: Notes from 10 Dec

We decided to do both "The Fallen" and "OFOTCN" as "extra credit" novel studies.  I don't know how much extra credit I can give - if you're just doing this for extra marks, it might not be the most fruitful exercise for you; I'm participating so that those interested can have an "enriched" course.  Students will participate in a "student-directed," Internet-based discussion forum that will be designed by Rowan.  I will participate as a guest.  I will also be able to design some prompts for a culminating writing activity if you decide that's what you'd like.  We also decided to build in some reading progress deadlines to ensure that this endevour is completed before exam preparation begins.  I will contact Ms. Brindley to get permission to buy some copies of the novel.

1 comment:

  1. I ordered ten copies of "The Fallen" on Saturday. Talewind Books (in Sechelt) said they "hoped" they would be in by Friday 17th. Cross your fingers.

    ReplyDelete